Thursday, April 12, 2018

No turning back...

Today I took the plunge and signed myself (and Dave) up for our first 5k together. On June 3rd, we will be running the Stomp the Monster 5k in Marlboro, NJ. Not only is this giving me a goal to aim for, but it already raises money for an excellent cause: providing assistance to cancer patients and their families when going through treatment for cancer. How great is this! Not only am I working to accomplish my goal, but doing it for a worthy reason. I'm a bit concerned about working up to running a 5k in a matter of 7 weeks, but I've always been one to work better under pressure.

In other news, I went to my first challah bake tonight. It was really enjoyable meeting other people from around the area, and I got to bring home a nice large challah to bake for the family. One thing that really hit home for me while I was there was that the leader discussed how we work so hard to create a nice life that we forget to live. Too many times I have been working too much or too hard instead of taking the time to enjoy my kids, or even enjoy quality alone time. I know so many others who do the same. I'm going to try to do better...Sammi and Joey deserve a mom who is fully there, not just sitting near them on the computer!


No comments:

Post a Comment